Middle East; No Playground For Geopolitical Games
Gamal Abdel Nasser
 Posted: Mar 15 2014, 09:02 AM
Egypt
Guests
383 Posts
Joined 3-November 13

Dear international community,

I speak hear in front of you on behalf of the conscious Arab masses. We have entered the era of anti-colonization and decolonization policies. An era in which people have the right to decide their own future in their own nations. An era in which nation after nation becomes independent from their former colonizer. We see France and the United Kingdom slowly but steadily retreating its colonial settlements across the world. Especially in this era, it's important to keep ahead and don't return to the dark past of colonization.

Currently however, we see a second tendency, a tendency of increasing tensions between the United States and its allies on one side and the Soviet Union and its allies in the other side. A clear example of this tensions is the military conflict currently happening in Japan. As Pan-Arabist and non-aligned government, I do not wish to speak myself out who is wrong or who is right. I do however, speak myself out on issues which have a negative impact on the Arab community.

Such an issue is the current threat of Soviet settlers in Syria. It's clear for many in the world that mister Assad is a strange person who after recognizing the Zionist State, playing games with Portugal and switching the national Syrian flag for the Russian Imperial flag luckily lost all his support domestically. I believe little people are really surprised and sad about this.

Unfortunately though, Assad is now trying to retain in charge with the help of a foreign military power. A power which is not interested in the will of the Syrian people, but is only interested to expand the geopolitical games towards the Middle East.

I call upon the Soviet Union to refrain from expanding these games to Syria. The Middle East is no Europe or Eastern Asia. We don't want occupiers, we don't want to be part of geopolitical games and we especially do not want you to decide the future of the Syrian people.

Currently the Egyptian navy has placed a naval blockade across the Syrian coast. This to prevent foreign forces from entering Syria and enforcing the Syrian people their will. Whatever may happen towards Syria, we all should agree that this can only be decided by the Syrians themselves. The Egyptian government does not hold any grudge towards the Soviet Union or any other so called major power, but we politely ask you once again to not use Arab soil for geopolitical games.

Gamal Abdel Nasser
President of the Arab Republic of Egypt
PM
Palmiro Togliatti
 Posted: Mar 15 2014, 12:40 PM
Italy
Guests
356 Posts
Joined 13-July 13

The Syrian government has every right to engage in alliances which it deems to be fruitful to the people of Syria. Whilst we would encourage a non-aligned future for the country where democracy can flourish we respect the independence of the Syrian people.

'Veniamo da molto lontano e andiamo molto lontano! Senza dubbio! Il nostro obiettivo è la creazione nel nostro Paese di una società di liberi e di eguali, nella quale non ci sia sfruttamento da parte di uomini su altri uomini' - Palmiro Togliatti
PM
Charles De Gaulle
 Posted: Mar 15 2014, 12:44 PM
France
Guests
311 Posts
Joined 6-November 13

Whilst I agree 100% with the Italian delegate, I think we can see from the recent news that the Syrian people do not wish to go into such an alliance with the Soviet Union, so would you say the Syrian government should continue in it's path ignoring the wish of the people?
PM
Gamal Abdel Nasser
 Posted: Mar 15 2014, 01:01 PM
Egypt
Guests
383 Posts
Joined 3-November 13

QUOTE (Palmiro Togliatti @ Mar 15 2014, 06:40 PM)
The Syrian government has every right to engage in alliances which it deems to be fruitful to the people of Syria. Whilst we would encourage a non-aligned future for the country where democracy can flourish we respect the independence of the Syrian people.

Interfering in a process in which the majority of the Syrian people, with the support of the Syrian Army, tries to remove a president with the aim to keep this man in charge is not what we would label an "alliance". In our part of the world this is called colonization.

Gamal Abdel Nasser
President of the Arab Republic of Egypt
PM
Harry S. Truman
 Posted: Mar 15 2014, 01:21 PM
United States of America
Guests
294 Posts
Joined 24-January 14

The United States condemns Soviet support for a corrupt and immoral government in Syria that lacks the support of the people.

Dean Acheson
Secretary of State

Harry S. Truman
President of the United States of America (1945-)
PM
Shakhbut bin Sultan Al Nahyan
 Posted: Mar 15 2014, 03:26 PM
Trucial States (UK Colony)
Guests
20 Posts
Joined 5-March 14

"We have entered an era of anti-colonization and decolonization policies."

I respect you Mr. Nasser in helping to stop colonization, but what about current colonies? Like Sudan, Tunisia, Libya and even ourselves (the Trucial States). All of those names listed are a colony. Syria is just one nation, we need to combat the colonization of the Middle East and Africa all at once, or it will be ages before all of these names listed will be independent. This is why I have told you that Mr. Nasser. What will you do after Syria is independent? I agree that the Syrian people should decide on being a colony or becoming an independent nation and I also condemn the Soviet support of a corrupt government in Syria. But I personally believe that Syria is just the tip of the iceberg.

~Shakhbut bin Sultan Al Nahyan

Shakhbut bin Sultan Al Nahyan
Emir of Abu Dhabi (1928- )
Ruling Emir of the British Occupied Trucial States
Member of the Al Nahyan Royal Family

"It is my belief that the Trucial States must become an independent nation, and I intend to make it so." ~Shakhbut bin Sultan Al Nahyan
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | 1950 round | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll