user posted image
PM
Tomas Gunter
 Posted: Mar 10 2014, 01:37 PM
Allied Occupied Austria
Guests
22 Posts
Joined 6-March 14

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM THE PROVISIONAL REPRESENTATIVE GOVERNMENT OF AUSTRIA

Greetings my fellow Austrians,

Today is the proudest day in my life. I am honoured to become your President, the man destined to serve you and try to repair the damage that has been caused in our recent history. You elected me on the back of a manifesto of economic advancement and a bright future, and today, I promise you, the great citizens of Austria, that I will do my damned best to deliver this to you. There may be bad times, and there will be good times, and together we can succeed in returning this nation to a respectful place on the world stage. Soon, we shall be independent and I can fully become your servant and President.

While we may be currently assisted by the Allies, who succeeded in liberating us, and for that we must be thankful, we must continue to press on and once again become an independent nation free from foreign rule. With the help of the Allies I hope we can accomplish this.

Our nation has of course suffered, but we will grow stronger and return, as one people, to a strong and stable position. As a nation, we have seen what strong interventionist policies do to our nation and to others, and so we will not pursue a path like that. Our focus must be on ourselves and helping ourselves and helping each other. I urge every single one of you to look at your neighbour, your friend, your brother, and ask yourself - are you doing what you can to help him or her? Are you treating them as you would have yourself be treated? We need to be more conscientious with ourselves and our friends, and create communities and neighbourhoods where we all enjoy to live.

We must encourage our industry to grow and strengthen, as it is our strength. While we cannot rival the United States of America or Russia in industrial strength, we can do our best to match them in quality. We can even try and beat them in the technological and scientific race. The human race has not yet touched the surface of it's scientific potential and I believe Austria should be a nation that is at the forefront of this race.

Together we can grow stronger. Together we can rebuild. Together, we are Austria.

Thank you very much.

Tomas Gunter

President Tomas Gunter

of Allied Occupied Austria
PM
Tomas Gunter
 Posted: Mar 13 2014, 11:55 AM
Allied Occupied Austria
Guests
22 Posts
Joined 6-March 14

Austrian Independence Talks

Excerpt from an ANN (Austrian News Network) radio report (Unaffiliated with the government)

Talks have begun at the United Nations between Austria and occupying allied powers over the possiblilty of full Austrian independence. While the Allies have been occupying Austria and treating it as the first victim of Nazi aggression, the provision government has deemed the time right for Austria to become fully autonomous and it's own nation again. The occupation is costly and there is no reason for it to be continued. It is understood from a source within the government that during the talks a push will be made for a quick withdrawal, perhaps in exchange for a neutrality promise. With the threat of war looming this looks like a good idea as Austria would once again turn into a battleground and that is something that we cannot afford as a nation again. More news as we get it...

President Tomas Gunter

of Allied Occupied Austria
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | 1950 round | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll